Please read and understand these rules. They are for your safety and comfort, as well as the safety and comfort of those around you. If you have a problem with anyone at the event or notice disregard for these rules that could put the event in jeopardy please notify Staff immediately. Unwillingness to follow instructions from Staff may result in your removal from this event. Don’t make us add more rules.
NOTE:These rules are subject to change without notice.
Attendee Code of Conduct
- TL;DR – Don‘t be a douchebag.
- Be respectful of others, their traditions, and their boundaries.
- Be polite. It’s not hard and it’s infectious.
- Don’t touch people or their possessions without getting their explicit permission first. Seriously. This isn’t hard.
- Be tolerant of others. Don’t like something? That’s okay. Really, it is. Just don’t go telling someone else they’re wrong because they DO like that something.
- Don’t label people. It’s not okay for them to do it to you, and it’s not okay for you to do it to them.
- Please be considerate of others in your application of strongly scented items.
- Exploring our Paths reserves the right to deny entry to the event to any person for any reason at any time, with or without stated cause.
- Attendance at Exploring our paths is not a right, it is a privilege – don’t lose it.
- Event Staff are here to work for your safety and enjoyment of the event.
- If you have any issues we can help you with, please feel free to let us know by alerting a Staff member.
- We ask that any directives issued by the Senior Staff be followed without question or discussion.
- Failure to obey Staff as stated above may result in your removal from the event without refund.
- If you have an issue with any interaction with the Event Staff, please feel free to bring it to the attention of the Coordination Staff.
Event spaces and public areas
All areas inside the hotel itself, including the outdoor Courtyard are considered Event Spaces and will be treated as such. Public areas are defined as the restaurant, bar, lobby, hallways, pools, elevators, stairwells, etc. Your hotel room is not considered an Event Space.
Badges and Check-In
- You must present a valid, government issued photo ID at event Check-in. You will not be allowed into the event without ID.
- Event Staff may deny you entry to the event, at their discretion, if you appear intoxicated or under the influence, or may ask the Event Coordinator to make an entry decision.
- You will be issued a name badge upon checking into the event.
- Badges are not pre-printed so you may use whatever name you like, but your badge MUST have a clearly written name on it before you leave the Check-in tables.
- Security will escort your back to check-in to fill out your badge if you leave before filling out your badge.
- Giving a blank badge to an unpaid person will result in your immediate removal from the event without refund.
- Your name badge must be on your person and visible at all times that you are in the Event Spaces during the event.
- You will not be permitted to enter any portion of the event without your badge.
- If you lose your badge, please go to Check-In immediately.
- If your badge is damaged, please go to Check-In immediately. Bring your damaged badge with you or you will be charged a replacement fee.
- If Security sees that you do not have a badge on, they will ask to see it and have you put it on, or they will escort you to Check-In for a replacement. Replacements for lost badges are $5 each.
Photography, Cell Phone and Other Electronic Device Usage
Photography and cell phone use are allowed at our events, with the following limitations. Violation of these limitations will result in your immediate removal from the event without refund. This Event adheres to an Opt-in philosophy.
- By attending the event you acknowledge there is a possibility you may be photographed. We cannot guarantee you will not be photographed, given the prevalence of cameras in all types of electronic devices.
- By attending this event you agree to allow Senior Event Staff to examine your device for unauthorized photographs and/or audio/video files upon request, without objection or hassle.
- For the privacy and safety of all of our attendees (including yourself), you must have the explicit permission of all people in any photograph or recording of any kind, including those in the background.
- Photography and/or audio/video recording of those who have not given explicit permission is not allowed.
- Photography and/or audio/video recording is strictly forbidden in Workshops unless you have obtained prior, explicit permission from both the presenter and all participants in the Workshop.
- If you feel you have, or may have been photographed or recorded without your consent, inform an Event Staff member immediately.
- If you are suspected of unauthorized photography and/or audio/video recording (either intentionally or unintentionally), Event Staff will ask to examine your device for said unauthorized photos or recordings.
- Unauthorized photos and recordings will be deleted from your device and any cloud back ups, and you will be reminded of the Photography and Device Usage policy.
- Refusing to allowEvent Staff to examine your device will result in your immediate removal from the event without refund.
- Out of common courtesy we ask that if you must talk on your cell phone, you do not use it in any event areas. Hallways and other common areas are fine.
- This policy may be overridden or altered by event-specific circumstances, so please check the event rules below for any exceptions to these rules.
- Please do not park in the spaces marked ‘RESERVED’ in the parking lot. These are for official event business only.
- Please do not park on the hotel lawns or gardens.
Lost and Found
If you find something, notify the Event Staff and/or bring it to registraton. If you lose anything, come to registration.
Damage to Hotel Buildings and Grounds
- Do not attach or tie anything or anyone to any hotel fixture such as towel racks, shower curtain rods, closet rods, sprinkler heads, pipes, plumbing, pillars, rafters, tables, room furniture, luggage carts, etc.
- Do not remove any furniture from your room or any Public Area for use anywhere else. If you need hotel furniture moved, contact the hotel front desk for assistance.
- Do not attach or tie anything or anyone to any Event structures such as pop-up tents, EZ-up tents, pavilions, photography backdrops, lighting rigs, pipe and drape, stanchions, or any other Event structure.
- Glitter is banned by the hotels. There is a large hourly fine levied by the hotels for glitter clean-up. Do NOT bring glitter to the events. Anyone wearing glitter will be responsible for all associated clean up charges.
- You will be held personally and financially responsible for any damage to Event or hotel property that you cause or participate in, including glitter clean-up fees.
Smoking, Alcohol, and Illegal Substances
- Smoking, e-cigarettes/cigars and vaping of any kind are prohibited in all Event Spaces, including outdoor Workshop Spaces, and the Courtyard in general.
- Smoking, e-cigarettes/cigars and vaping of any kind are prohibited with 25ft of any entrance to Event Spaces, including hotel entrances.
- Smoking, e-cigarettes/cigars and vaping of any kind are not allowed in the pool area.
- Please follow any additional etiquette rules regarding smoking, e-cigarettes, vaping and drinking to be found in the event-specific policies below.
- Alcohol is prohibited in any Workshop Spaces, [eriod. Individuals bringing alcohol into any Workshop Spaces, will be escorted out of the space. They may return to the space without the alcohol.
- Excessive intoxication may result in immediate removal from the event without refund,.
- Anyone providing alcohol to anyone under the age of 21 will be immediately removed from the event without refund and may be reported to local law enforcement.
- Any illegal substances, used or transferred, will result in immediate removal from the event without refund, and possible banning from all future THE events.
Vending from cars, rooms, or other parts of the event is PROHIBITED unless you are an officially registered vendor. Unauthorized vending may result in removal from the event without refund .
No handbills, flyers or postcards, including advertising for “room parties” and other unofficial happenings, may be distributed without advance permission from the Event Coordinator. All unauthorized signage will be removed.
- In the event of a medical emergency, follow all instructions given by Event Staff, Event Medical Staff, and outside medical personnel should they be called to the event.
- In the event of a medical emergency, remain clear of the area and let the appropriate personnel do their jobs.
- Please respect the privacy and dignity of anybody involved and do not stand around to watch or ask for information if you are not directly involved in the situation.
- Please respect the privacy and dignity of anybody involved and do not spread any information about the situation.
- If you have a medical emergency, report it to the Event Medical staff immediately, if you are able to do so.
- Event Staff will communicate with attendees and emergency personnel when it is appropriate.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited at this event. Anyone found to be carrying a weapon is subject to immediate removal by event staff.
Obey all federal, state and local local laws and ordinances.